2019 will be an important year for Soulballadeer.
Here is a list of the upgrades/ repairs that will be undertaken starting in 2019 through to 2020.
Spring or Fall 2019:
- Bowsprit replaced with new vertical grain fir bowsprit.
- Head sail roller furling installed ( Schaeffer 3000)
- Standing rigging replaced
- Chainplates removed/ changed to Titanium
- FLIR ( 625M) installed on main spar
- UHD Radar installed ( 4 ft array)
- AIS installed
- Spars unstepped, cleaned, polished, rewired. LED lights installed on spars where applicable
- Spars restepped, any potential leaks dealt with
- Rig tuned
- New sails for Genoa, Main, Mizzen
- Andersen winches installed
- One electric winch installed on pilothouse roof for halyards etc.
- Fuel tanks removed/ replaced with either aluminum or non permeable plastic. (no smell)
- Pilothouse helm renovated to allow 3, 12.1 Furuno MFD’s to be mounted below pilothouse windows unobstructing forward view from helm.
- Outer Teak decks pulled, reworked and glassed. (non skid)
- Hull and topsides painted
- Upgraded hydraulic steering ram ( 2nd autopilot installed)
- Interior pilothouse teak refurbished after fuel tank replacement
- Anchor electric length counter installed at pilothouse helm
- Aft cockpit binnacle installed with autopilot control, engine control, steering control ( already installed), Navigation/ FLIR/Radar MFD
By the end of 2020, Soulballadeer will be ready for some serious cruising and cruise we will. 🙂